With every business started to look for a technology that would help in grabbing the attention of more audience and provide them with the satisfactory services, Salesforce has become as an incredible tool to generate more leads and enhance the business productivity. An umpteen number of considerable and useful features like usage of cloud computing technology, effective data management and easy customization and integration with other systems makes it attain a great reputation as a renowned CRM-in-the-cloud platform.
In addition to the above listed endless top features there are another great advantage of this cloud system called lightning connect that will aid in easy migration and copying of data along with the direct access to it from outside your salesforce system. It’s a well-known fact there will always be a continuous need of migrating or copying of data from one system to your salesforce group, but salesforce lightning connects help you to access the data flawlessly from exterior sources along with your salesforce data.
Earlier we used to get struck with the traditional method of importing data into the salesforce system from your legacy system, but the major drawback here is even the useless data gets copied wasting both the efficiency, space and time. On the other hand, lightning connect charts the diverse external objects of Salesforce to the data tables of unfamiliar system.
So, in a way, Salesforce lightning connect can be used under certain specific circumstances quite plentifully:
- When you don’t wish to copy needless data into your salesforce group
- When you require small amounts of data at a specific time.
- When you plan to avoid the accumulation of unnecessary data
- When you wish to get real time access to existing data
- When you plan to reduce unlock time of back office systems
How it works?
Accessing of data is real time and is done by reference. Lightning connect supports in the mapping and integration of tables from a range of external sources like SAP, Microsoft SharePoint and various other data sources. Here the data can be accessed without writing a single line of code. But to create and edit, you need an external user permission called customize application and that can be done following the below listed steps:
- Setup> in quick find enter ‘external data source’ > choose external data sources
- Connect to the new data source > choose ‘edit’ to adjust the data source that exists beforehand
- Fill all the necessary filed
- Opt the most suitable verification protocol
- For password confirmation enter the valid credentials
- Click on save and validate and sync